[OT] Ty Tower needs to go.

Sascha Katzner sorry.no at spam.invalid
Thu Mar 6 12:34:40 PST 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:
> == Quote from Darryl Bleau (user at example.net)'s article
>> A by invitation/petition only forum, [...]
>
> A mailing list would probably be better for this sort of thing, [...]

A forum is not be able to hold a candle to a newsgroup:
* everyone can choose his prefered UI to read a newsgroup
* a newsserver creates a LOT less traffic and is therefore cheaper
* no security risks therefore a lot less work

A mailing list also creates a lot of traffic and is impractical for
infrequent users without a really good archive search feature.

=> I prefer the newsgroup solution... if you want to ignore someone,
almost any newsreader has some kind of filter for this purpose. Problem
solved, case closed. ;-)

LLAP,
Sascha