SIMD Progress?

Trevor Parscal trevorparscal at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:35:40 PST 2008

bearophile Wrote:

> Trevor Parscal Wrote:
> > For whatever reason, I've been able to get simd operations working on just about every type of data - EXCEPT the ones I would find most useful... :(
>
> I have to read your code still, but in the meantime, how many times does it run compared to normal code? (Sometimes running speed comes first).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

It runs 1 time for each method...

I was hoping to get it to work before I did benchmarking - however a benchmark I did with the ASM with Dynamic Arrays performed vector addition on 4 floats a very large number of times 300% faster... Probably not the final word on performance as I am sure the benchmark was highly flawed, but it seemed evident there was performance gain to be had.

- Trevor