Interactive D?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Mar 6 16:40:40 PST 2008

Oskar Linde:
> I got the idea to investigate the possibility of an interactive D
> interpreter. A lazy afternoon of hacking resulted in a proof of concept,
> and what follows is a short demo.

Now I have realized that such interpreter may allow to port to D one *wonderful* thing present in the Python std lib, that I sorely miss, that is the doctest, it's the lowest-complexity unit testing (invented by Tim Peters and partially by Peter Norvig):
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-doctest.html
This module alone can justify this work of yours, Oskar.

Bye,
bearophile