Who favors the current D1 situation?

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Thu Mar 6 20:44:31 PST 2008

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:20:38 +0900, Bill Baxter wrote:

> Currently as we all know, D1 gets no new features, and D2 is a crazy
> rocketship that could change direction at any moment.

I'm probably going against the trend here, but I do not code for D1 any
more. My method of working is that I code for D2, then when that is
working, I make it work with D1. Sure, it might mean recoding some slabs of
code totally differently, but I'm not going to loose sleep if I'm not 100%
D1 compatible, as that version WILL definitely be phased out before D2
will.

D2 is fairly stable now in terms of syntax changes even though it has a
number of bugs still remaining. But this is not mission-critical stuff I'm
relying on right now. I don't think I'd write serious commercial software
in D yet, of any flavour.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)