Who favors the current D1 situation?

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Thu Mar 6 23:22:45 PST 2008

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:35:24 -0800, Kris wrote:

> the added complexity makes D2 harder to work with than D1.

It took me a while to port Bud over to D2, but that was due mostly to the
changing 'char[]' to 'string' and the many .dup calls that were used to
protect returned slices. Once I removed all of those, I then had to add
back in a handful of .idup calls but now the code is a lot cleaner and
little faster.

Just for fun, I spent a couple of hours last night writing a turn-based
strategy game, a bit similar to Microsoft's Age of Empires concept, to get
some practice in using OO techniques. D2 made things so easy and clean
looking. I'm sure D1 would also be nice, but I've nothing (yet) to say
against D2's way of seeing the world.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)