Who favors the current D1 situation?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Fri Mar 7 11:26:45 PST 2008

Janice Caron wrote:
> On 07/03/2008, Bill Baxter <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote:
>> There was a poll not so long ago.  Maybe you missed it.
>>  http://baxissimo.freepolls.com/cgi-bin/pollresults/001
>
> I did indeed miss that. Thanks for the link.
>
>>  It came out about 3:1  D1 users:D2 users.  More D2 users than I was
>>  expecting.
>
> And (proportionately) more D1 users than I was expecting. Hey ho.
>
>>  But of course it was a self-selecting poll, only announced
>>  here on the NG, so you have to take it with a heavy grain of salt.
>
> Indeed. If that poll is accurate then only 119 people use D. :-)

Some people responded directly to the NG.  I'll repaste the summary here:
Here's a summary of the poll results:

-------------------------------
 From the web poll:
Yes: 28  No: 87

 From replies here:
Yes: ~6  No: ~13

Totals:
Yes:  34/134 = 25%
No:  100/134 = 75%

Original post: digitalmars.com digitalmars.D:61017

But anyway, how many people do you think do use D overall?
My guess would be about 10x that number.  That's discounting people who
just tried hello world once to see if it worked.

But I guess Walter should have a better idea of the actual figure based
on # of DMD downloads from DigitalMars.

--bb