Who favors the current D1 situation?

Darryl Bleau user at example.net
Fri Mar 7 13:11:14 PST 2008

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Bill,
>
>> Is it really true?  Is there a group of folks who really want D1 to be
>> frozen?
>>

> I'd be open to some changes
>
>> I myself would like to see D1 get all new features that won't break
>> existing source code.
>>

> but I wouldn't go that far. I think that D1 should at a minimum be
> highly conservative about adding features. Only feature that have proven
> very useful in D2 and have become very stable (and are non breaking) and
> possibly with the restriction that they can be used from older D1 code
> with little or no updating (cancer const is out)

To pipe in, I am a commercial developer using D1, (project size ~100k)
and some non-breaking but enhancing changes to D1 would be very welcome.

I believe I still have a kingdom up for grabs for my personal wishlist:

opIndexConcat
opIndexConcatAssign
+friends

Returning static arrays from functions.

!in (as sugar for (!(a in b)). Ok, this is just a nicety. Still... :) )

Is there even any remote possibility of a D1.1? (Which would not require
any changes or break any existing D1 code, but provides some .1
enhancements?).