What's your fav D logo ?

Trevor Parscal trevorparscal at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:05:45 PDT 2008

yidabu Wrote:

> http://dlogo.chinese-blog.org
>
> Please paste logo link here, I want to move the good logo to top, or just removed the bad logos.
>

> --
> yidabu <yidabu.nospam at gmail.com>
> SciTE4D Text Editor for D Programming Language:
> http://scite4d.chinese-blog.org/
>
> DWin library for D language, Windows COM support with Tango:
> http://dwin.chinese-blog.org

I would agree, that the Logo of D is simply a red D, probably with serifs at this point since the large red D link on Walter's site is in a serifed font. From his Digtial Mars logo image though, I imagine if he had the same artist create a D logo it would be a wide Helvetica (non-serifed font). Perhaps it's too simple a thing to have a logo, and while it seems common for scripting languages to adopt some specific logo, I'm not sure that I can say the same for system level languages (and I do not consider Java to be a system level language)

Perhaps that's not a precedence that needs to be upheld however.

IMHO, there has yet to be anything other than a Serifed, red, upper-case D that represents the language, and any deviation from that seems to be less identifying.

Example:
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6125/dlogosrl6.jpg

- Trevor Parscal