Rebuild - an annoying feature

Ty Tower tytower at hotmail.com.au
Sun Mar 9 17:42:21 PDT 2008

DSSS is looking pretty good as a builder but one thing that wastes my time is if it hangs up somewhere building a list of say 30 files I go back fix the problem and then issue build again .
rebuild then instantly wipes what has been compiled already and starts again !

Is there a way to make it ignore work already done if you want it to ?

>> Simply put, this is completely and totally incorrect. It is in fact the
>> opposite of the truth.
>>
>>   - Gregor Richards
>
> OK so mine IS doing this, which apparently it should not
> I have been building dwt-examples  and I have watched it start again 4 times so far today,
> It has done so since I started that's why its an annoying feature . Perhaps something happened in the latest updates?
> then I remade the dsss.conf file and deleted what had been already compiled and used that to avoid the issue.

Perhaps the confusion is in the fact that DSSS does in fact issue
rebuild commands every time. rebuild itself does not build anything
that's already been built.

  - Gregor Richards
Hmmm so mine is doing so .