Rebuild - an annoying feature

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Sun Mar 9 23:11:23 PDT 2008

Ty Tower wrote:
> Pity I can't just add to the old posts still....
>
> Here is output showing it removing the old executeables
>
> [tytower at linuxbox dwt-samples-200a229be5ca]$ dsss build
> Default prefix /usr is unwritable, using /home/tytower/d instead.
>
> Removing dwtexamples/simple
>
> Removing dwtexamples/helloworld/HelloWorld1
>
> Removing dwtexamples/helloworld/HelloWorld2
>
> Removing dwtexamples/helloworld/HelloWorld3
>
> Removing dwtexamples/helloworld/HelloWorld4
>
> Removing dwtexamples/helloworld/HelloWorld5
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/button/Snippet293
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/combo/Snippet26
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/composite/Snippet9
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/coolbar/Snippet20
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/ctabfolder/Snippet165
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/directorydialog/Snippet33
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/expandbar/Snippet223
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/menu/Snippet29
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/menu/Snippet97
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/sash/Snippet107
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/styledtext/Snippet163
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/styledtext/Snippet189
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/table/Snippet38
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/table/Snippet144
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/text/Snippet258
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/tooltips/Snippet41
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/tray/Snippet143
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/tree/Snippet8
>
> Removing dwtsnippets/tree/Snippet15
>
> Removing user/drawingboard/DrawingBoard
>
> Removing user/torhu_synctest
>
> Removing dwtexamples/addressbook/AddressBook
>
> Removing dwtexamples/controlexample/ControlExample
>
> Removing dwtexamples/controlexample/CustomControlExample
>
> Removing dwtexamples/texteditor/TextEditor

Is this after you changed dsss.conf? Everything is cleaned up after
changing dsss.conf, since it doesn't know if the changes will alter the
build in a non-backwards-compatible way.

 > The confusion is with the whole "D" lot -for Linux its a bloody
 > frightful mess

No, the confusion is not with the whole D community, it's you. We (by
which I mean the D community) seem to be in agreement that you're just
an idiot. You ask extremely vague questions without describing the
scenario at all, and then when you're asked to describe the scenario,
you describe something utterly irrelevant. Gee, I could have actually
given a useful response if you had posted a log in the first place, but
that's what a sensible person would have done.

The D community is small and always needs more people, but we don't need
morons.

  - Gregor Richards