Explicit memory deallocation

Julian Schick julianschick at gmx.net
Mon Mar 10 10:15:13 PDT 2008

> "disable() temporarily disables garbage collection cycle, enable() then
> reenables them."
>
> Given this I suspect that the GC still expects to be in control of memory so
> even though the GC thread may not be running dynamically freeing things,
> constructor calls will still register pointers with the GC and expect some
> sort of internal consistency you are breaking with explicit destroys
> perhaps...
>
> Having said that, are the variables you're destroying "scope" at all
> (including "in" parameters)? If so then my understanding was that
> independantly of the GC thread these would be freed automatically when they
> go out of scope, resulting in them being destroyed twice if destroyed
> explicitly perhaps.
>
> Evidently I'm no expert but hopefully I've given you some ideas =)

OK, I see, well, that's what I supposed, too.
Then the question is how I can switch off the GC entirely.
That should solve all my problems :-)

Maybe there's also somebody out there, who can confirm
that it is not possible to use GC and explicit freeing the same time.
Because I tend to not believing that.