Rebuild - an annoying feature

Brian Hay bhay at construct3d.com
Mon Mar 10 17:59:41 PDT 2008

Ty Tower wrote:
> I will now become an ardent critic of "D" in "C" forums

Well good luck with that.

If you treat the people on other programming forums with the same
disrespect and immaturity you've repeatedly demonstrated here I can't
imagine you'll be made welcome for very long.

> Honestly wherever I go in "D" I find problems.

People will find problems anywhere if they look hard enough and it seems
as though you've come here with that express intention.

I'm a comparative newbie to compiled languages and if I can start
working with D quickly and enjoying every minute of it then anyone
should be able to, especially someone like you who professes to have
experience with C.

> That means it comes from the heads of the organisation.

You make it sound like D was conceived and developed by a corporate
behemoth like Microsoft or Sun. D was conceived by one man, Walter
Bright, and developed by him and a few others with extensive input and
feedback from a dynamic, supportive and growing user community. I'm
sorry you cannot see that and do not want to be a part of the magic.