Baiting

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Mar 16 22:54:56 PDT 2008

Paul Findlay wrote:
> Maybe a book recommendation could come off passive aggressive,

I know what you mean. I've resisted posting some "rules of netiquette"
here because I don't feel I have any justifiable moral high ground on
such things.

My advice is always the same: don't reply to a post you feel is
offensive. Doing so just makes things worse.

All of us also sometimes hit the "send" key in haste and immediately
regret it. If anyone wants me to remove any of their own posts, I'll do
so if they email me newsgroup and message number. It'll go away from the
Digital Mars servers, but I can't control any copies that might have
proliferated.

Many people have regretted posting something inflammatory, and have
asked me to remove those posts. I am happy to comply.

This offer also extends to fake postings. If you're being impersonated
by someone else, send me newsgroup/message numbers, and I'll yank them.