"D" annoyances

Tower Ty towerty at msn.com.au
Wed Mar 19 03:32:05 PDT 2008

> > Ty Tower Wrote:
> >
> > > Take them as things to be fixed or deny their existence
> > >
> > > Either way I will post here the stupid things I find as I go through bits and pieces .
> > > The best critic is the most schooled in the subject

Well here we go again.

Whoever writes the installation notes for  dsss  and dmd  should initially suggest to new users to put the  directories in their  $HOME directory . I see now that following the given instructions means you have some permission problems getting to object.d.

That causes errors in the compiles and the messages are cryptic from both of these programs. New lookers without some prior dmd and dsss experience will find the compiler output nearly indecipherable.