Dhrystone Benchmark

renoX renosky at free.fr
Wed Mar 19 23:23:27 PDT 2008

Tower Ty a écrit :
[cut]
> My question is why the massive variation  and why does the benchmark take the highest ?

Well I don't know this particular benchmark so that's just a guess but
maybe the variation is caused by the scheduler or by the GC.

Maybe it's possible to disable the GC to see if the variation is reduced?

As for taking the highest figure: if the variation is caused by process
scheduling then it make sense to show the best performance as the result
of the benchmark if you're trying to measure the runtime performance of
your binary not the scheduler's performance..

Regards,
renoX