Gymnastics

Ty Tower tytower at hotmail.com.au
Thu Mar 20 17:55:04 PDT 2008

Janice Caron Wrote about Kris
I assume its Kris Bell , here is what he wrote about himself in his
book,well--- shared book

KRIS BELL is a Scottish pirate and wannabe musician, part-time
photographer, avid traveler, open source advocate, miscreant techie
dweeb, and a principal Tango contributor. He enjoys swimming,
cycling, sailing, and occasional hikes, and recently took up rock
climbing. Previously, he dabbled in a bit of car racing and
skydiving, and once took a flying-trapeze course (which served only
to cement his vocation of choice). He currently lives in California,
though he hails from the Scottish west coast and has a dodgy set of
bagpipes to remind him of home.
     Kris has a varied background in engineering and architecture,
spanning application servers to RAD tool sets, embedded operating
systems to graphics engines, workflow to high-performance clustering
and failover substrata. Some commercial systems he has designed/built
include enterprise and Inter-net application platforms,
factory-automation systems, carrier-grade
middleware,immersive-environment simulation, and crazy interactive
clothing. In a different age, he would probably have been a
steam-locomotive engineer, a swashbuckling Jolly Roger, or a funky
bell-ringer.

Similar origin to me the Highlander bit . That about says it all
doesn't it?

However remember when you write a book on a subject you are then that
expert (previously a big drip) and its hard not to assume that expert
above everyone else air. Like teachers they get used to Lording it
over kids and have a lot of trouble generally talking to adults. Some
teachers take courses to teach themselves not to fall into this trap.

I once wrote a book about Landrovers and a fellow asked me whats my
clain to fame and I said of course "I wrote a book about
Landrovers" . Hmm he said those British cars are all a load of shit!.

Sort of took the wind out of the sails.

Ignore it Janice -say what you feel !