Formatting error for Lars

David Wilson dw at botanicus.net
Fri Mar 21 20:50:43 PDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Ty Tower <tytower at hotmail.com.au> wrote:
> Cosmonaut wrote:
>

>  > Idiot.
>
>  When someone makes a one word post it usually is not going to help at
>  all  However that presumes the writer has half a brain and can
>  understand and write English.
>
>  I see from your posts you don't read the post , don't understand the
>  post and I presume therefore you don't speak English
>  So piss off you wog bastard

I assume that as a supposedly intelligent resident of Queensland, you
would be familiar with your state's racial vilifaction laws. If not,
you may learn more here:
http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/A/AntiDiscrimA91.pdf

Specifically:

Chapter 5A Serious racial and religious
vilification

131A Offence of serious racial, religious, sexuality or gender
identity vilification
(1) A person must not, by a public act, knowingly or recklessly
incite hatred towards, serious contempt for, or severe ridicule
of, a person or group of persons on the ground of the race,
religion, sexuality or gender identity of the person or members
of the group in a way that includes—
(a) threatening physical harm towards, or towards any
property of, the person or group of persons; or
(b) inciting others to threaten physical harm towards, or
towards any property of, the person or group of persons.
Maximum penalty—
(a) for an individual—70 penalty units or 6 months
imprisonment;
(b) for a corporation—350 penalty units.

You have broken this law twice in the past month. I would like to
remind you that there is a potential price to pay for being so
unevolvedly uncivil to fellow Internet users, one clearly highlighted
above. I doubt it would take more than a few long distance phone calls
to your local police to come and remind you of the cost of bigotry.
(Note that person won't be me, but I have hopefully just lowered the
bar for someone else to do it).

David.