Stop flattening tuples was Re: Overlapping functionality: IFTI, templates, is-expressions

renoX renosky at free.fr
Sat Mar 22 00:24:53 PDT 2008

bearophile a écrit :
> Russell Lewis:
>> * Support multiple tuples in the same template
>
> For that I think D has to stop flattening tuples

I *definitely* agree!!!!

In all the case I've run against 'flattening by default' is a mistake
(be it with parameter passing or with structure/record construction):
this *loose information* by default which is a big no no in my view.

Of course sometimes the developer wants to have the tuples flattened, so
there should be a way to do it, but this shouldn't be the default.

Regards,
renoX