Overlapping functionality: IFTI, templates, is-expressions

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 10:34:59 PDT 2008

Russell Lewis wrote:

> While I'm glad for the discussion about parsers, we lost track of the
> original post.  What do people think of my suggestions:
>
> * Make IFTI and template-specialization syntax sugar for is-expressions
> (in the right order so the deductions work properly)

Since templates could eventually span multiple modules, I don't know if one
could simply write static if and is expressions to cover all functionality.
When limited to a single module, I think there should be a one to one
mapping of some kind.

> * Support multiple tuples in the same template

I can appreciate the trouble not having this can cause.  As long as it
doesn't ruin the cool, clean syntax of lightweight use of generic code with
tuples, I'm all for it.