Rails-like Model in D (making it "automagical")

Bjoern nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 24 05:03:08 PDT 2008

Frank Benoit schrieb:
> Bjoern schrieb:
>> But you want RAD / DWT / Tango :
>>
>> My advice is a) not to use the active record pattern and b) wait for
>> DWT 3.4  // google SWT 3.4 databinding
>
> Data binding is a JFace technology.
> "JFace Data Binding 1.0 was releaseed with Eclipse 3.3"
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/swt/R3_4/new_and_noteworthy.html

> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/JFace_Data_Binding
quote :
....The core concepts behind the project are Observables and Bindings.
We provide IObservable implementations for SWT, JFace, and JavaBeans....
end quote
Means IMO :
Binding interfaces have to be be stripped out.

> I don't see how this is a requirement or even related to a "Rail-like
> Model in D" ? So, why "wait for DWT 3.4" ?

I am wrong with "waiting for 3.4." Sorry :(

However, this discussion also touches DWT event-handling. (your msg on
Digitalmars.dwt) and it seems to me that the suggested implementation is
  working well even in case that you have to deal with new, binding-
related events.

As said,not much time for programming. I am restaurating my "farm" and
the barnes