WeakRef updated to better support Tango -- and a question

e-t172 e-t172 at akegroup.org
Mon Mar 24 07:34:44 PDT 2008

Jason House a écrit :
> I'm still confused. I did not need to link to Phobos for a Tango project before. Why now? How do I generalize for both dmd and gdc?

When you install Tango, libphobos.a is actually replaced with the core
Tango library. This is because it is not yet possible to link to a
different standard library than libgphobos, so Tango replaces libgphobos
with his own library. (Note: Tango also replaces libgphobos with GDC,
even though GDC permits the use of a different standard library through
the -nophoboslib switch and manual linking)

Normally, libphobos is automatically linked in by dmd/gdc. If you have
to add -lphobos (or -lgphobos) to your command line, this is not normal.