Range Type

sambeau sambeau-nospam at mac.com
Mon Mar 24 08:18:16 PDT 2008

Janice Caron Wrote:

>     int..int x;
>     x = 3..4;
>
> and you have to admit, T..T is likely to be less typing
> (and look prettier) than Range!(T). :-)

Even if this was just sugar I would vote for it, but being that it could really help with const-ness and thus speed D towards exciting functional paradigms I give it my 100% unconditional support.

And now I need to think whether ranges are the only interesting exceptions to const that we need to consider.

For instance.. CONS? Could we safely make a new const array by concating two constant arrays together? And if so is there any need for this? I can see that it would just another ay of doing COW, but could the compiler apply interesting optimisations (and paralellisations) from this knowledge?

Hmm..