"SFINAE is Evil"

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 14:41:49 PDT 2008

"Bill Baxter" <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote in message
news:fsbp54$293h$1 at digitalmars.com...

> That would be great.  I'd love to try out such a switch.  Though at the
> moment it would do me no good unless it were added to D1 also.  Though
> rather than turning it off, I'd rather have a -v kind of switch that
> prints out a message whenever SFINAE is invoked, maybe with an
> instantiation stack trace.

Great idea!

<narrator>And with that, the suggestion began its slow, painful descent into
the depths of the unread old posts of the NG, never to be seen again or
commented on by the very man who could make a difference.  Months later many
would reminisce about what a good idea it was, and would sigh nostalgically
over their youthful optimism.</narrator>