WeakRef updated to better support Tango -- and a question

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Mar 25 15:58:27 PDT 2008

Jason House wrote:

> Sean Kelly wrote:
>
>> But I'll admit to being a bit surprised that the
>> Tango build process is painful.  It amounts to running one script, at
>> least for the base lib.
>
> Ok, so here's my latest experience *after* learning about
> http://dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/PreviousReleases...  I clocked
> myself at 45 minutes to do it (with recornding my steps here).  After
> breaking my system completely at a few points, I'm now back where I
> started, with the two linker errors from the other day :(  Did I do
> anything wrong?  Any *other* ideas what could be going wrong?

I am awfully sorry for not having noticed this before, those two functions
were not part of 0.99.4, but 0.99.5 (they were added to Tango svn
immediately after 0.99.4 release). I won't speculate as to how difficult it
is to backport just that part, so I will instead ask why upgrading to
0.99.5 is a problem?

As for the build process, I believe the documentation is correct and concise
and there is little more I can do, especially if you're suspicous of all
automatic scripts we create. ;)

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net