Continuous Integration

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:50:03 PDT 2008

Jason House wrote:
> Does anyone have a setup for doing continuous integration with d?

I'm going to start on that now, since DUnit (latest svn) can output
vaguely junit-compatible xml. It'll be using CruiseControl. By tomorrow,
I'll be able to tell you when you should start bothering me about it in
earnest.

Of course, this will do you little good if you don't use DUnit or some
other unittest runner besides the default one, since you just get a
binary value for whether your tests pass, along with, if you're lucky, a
stack trace. If you're not lucky, you just get the words "Segmentation
fault".

Well, okay, you could have a static constructor that outputs the first
portion of the junit xml file, a couple of templates and functions that
output more xml for each unittest, and your unittest main would output
the end of the junit xml, or something like that. But at that point, you
might as well just use DUnit.