Candydoc

Ty Tower tytower at hotmail.com.au
Wed Mar 26 15:24:11 PDT 2008

Frank Benoit wrote:

> Georg Wrede schrieb:
>> Not that I'm endorsing his writings/attitude, but one has to give
>> Ty credit for not hiding his identity.
>
> Are you really sure about the identity part?
>
> I think even with this measurement, he does not deserve credit.

Look above for a list of the real wankers on this NG

Don't waste your time Georg just ignore them . I can see at least you
don't follow like a sheep. A fox on the edge is a far better way.
"We few . We happy few. We band of brothers" Henry V

As for Billingsley , another kid starting out with a big mouth and
ill-considered values -probably black ? from Pittsburgh. Racism is
not an issue until suddenly you experience it with a new neighbour ,
then values change and the mouth slows down

Poor old Dad couldn't resist
#

By Kris Billingsley on Aug 21, 2007

That’s my boy! Yes, I’m the proud Dad of this Jarrett person. Jarrett
surpassed my self taught programming skills when he was 13 or 14. I
supported my family for many years using languages we don’t want to
get into here.

My boy will go far. I’m so proud I could burst my buttons. Please
excuse me…

And this tells me he tends to fall in love with men ! so watch your
backs.

Your DSource profile says you are a CS student. Which year are you in
now? What is the most interesting course you’ve taken so far?

I’m currently a CS student at the University of Pittsburgh.  I’ve just
completed my second year, so if all goes well I should have two years
left, unless I decide to go to graduate school.

So far, most of the classes I’ve taken in CS have been introductory
classes — programming, some computational theory, logic.  They
reserve most of the fun classes for the upper-level students ;)  If I
had to choose from the ones that I’ve taken, though, it would have to
be my “Computer Organization and Assembly Language” course (CS 0447
at Pitt).  The course was about the basic architecture of computer
processors, getting down into the register file and the ALU and
microprogramming and such, which I found interesting in and of
itself.  The main reason I liked the course so much, though, was the
professor, Dr. Mark Kahrs.  He doesn’t teach the class very often,
but I’m very glad I had him.  He was one of the few professors I’ve
had who seemed genuinely excited about the material he was teaching.
He always had a plan, he came up with challenging assignments (write
an emulator for an old vector graphics device in MIPS assembly!), his
tests actually tested your ability to think and reason rather than
memorize, and he knew what he was talking about.  I really respect
the man and hope I have the opportunity to take another class with
him.