general copyright question

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Thu Mar 27 00:55:24 PDT 2008

Often, this means that --help or some option advertised by --help (like
--version or even --license) might spit out the notice.

And, yes, you want the notice and copyright in the documentation, and
many times even in the source files.  If there's no documentation
provided with the program, consider including a "license.txt" - or as
above, spitting out such output with a switch or menu option.

My couple cents, anyway... this is a pretty standard clause and for the
authors' interpretations (which are what matter most really) you should
ask them directly.

-[Unknown]