Why I Use D

lurker lurker at lurker.com
Fri Mar 28 11:47:21 PDT 2008

I just love D and use nothing else anymore - if i can help it.
The gripe i have is:

http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D.learn&article_id=11858
(Need to fill and find about 5000 tags and it is a real problem for now.)

Other than that it is great. I am developing a dicom reader/displayer and the code is smaller and easier than anything i have seen and used before in c++ - and i hope to be able to share it soon.
Soon after i hope i will be able to share a dicom server.

What to do i dislike?

1.) i hoped for an easer egg - bug fixes for 2.xx (see http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D.learn&article_id=11858)  - macros and more
2.) i hope people will communicate more politely
3.) i wished somebody would port parts of tango to phobos - and phobos be the standard and only library, since i think it hurts D more (tango) than most people think

I am a beginner and  i enjoy D.
I hope  - "The Safe Subset of D" will be done in a way, that no delays will occure in D 2.XXXX

lurker

sorry for my english