const(FAQ)

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Fri Mar 28 18:26:40 PDT 2008

Question:

In my limited use of const thus far, I've found that "ignoring" or "just
not using" it is not as possible as suggested.  This is because the
standard library imposes it.

Or, in other words, if I ignore const and pretend it doesn't exist,
Phobos will wake me up from my sleep whenever I use a function that,
e.g. returns a string.

I may be mistaken but this has been my experience.  Not that I don't
want to use const, necessarily.

-[Unknown]