Why I Use D

Neil Vice psgdg at swiftdsl.com.au
Sun Mar 30 03:15:27 PDT 2008

What initially got me into D was seeing it as C++ without seperate header
files - which when ur not using an IDE is a HUGE plus in my opinion.

Not surprisingly it has many similarities to C# and from reading other posts
here I think C# would suit a lot of people, however naturally the .NET
framework may be an issue there and honestly the more I use C# the more I'm
beginning to hate it - and love D =)

With regularity can you hear me exclaiming to my coworkers "this would not
be a problem if we were only using D".

Const-wise, I think I'm quite a fan of the recent const implementation -
just can't wait for full integration into libs and operator overloading =)