Why I Use D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Mar 30 04:37:42 PDT 2008

Neil Vice>the more I use C# the more I'm beginning to hate it - and love D =)<

I like D more than C# (despite C# 3.0+ has some things I may like, like the syntax of properties, the syntax of lambdas, LINQ, the help the IDE gives you, the automatic support of multi core, the fact that it's used by more people, the syntax of the "foreach", its associative arrays, some parts of its standard library, some of its compilation at run-time, and few other bits. Among such things some of them can be added into D too).

Have you written few benchmarks to compare the performance of the garbage collector and the associative arrays of C# on dotnet, to those of D (DMD, Phobos)?

Bye,
bearophile