Removing D embedded in HTML feature

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Sun Mar 30 14:01:23 PDT 2008

Speaking from the perspective of someone who uses HTML a lot... it's a
nice idea, but practically fairly useless.

I liked it in that it was different, cool, and interesting... but in
reality it's mostly just a source of bugs (xhtml stuff, etc.), parsing
annoyances, and etc. with no real gain.

I always "hand code" HTML, but I hate typing actual text in it.  It's
annoying and tiresome, escaping every last thing.  I always dynamically
insert it (whether as plain old copy or as language strings.)

And writing your code in a WYSWIYG editor seems a bit feature-wanting
(you mean I have to press tab several times after each time I hit
enter?!?!) to me.

The only saving grace is that a handful of code editors can actually
save as syntax highlighted HTML.  But again, you'll always have the
source available?

-[Unknown]