Removing D embedded in HTML feature

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Mon Mar 31 10:41:47 PDT 2008

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> Scott suggested this be removed for D 2.0. Is anyone at all using it, or
> have plans to use it, or can make a good case for keeping it?
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/html.html

Theoretically, it's a pretty cool feature.  It reminds me a lot of what
Knuth talked about regarding Literate Programming.  However, I can't
claim to have ever used it.  Perhaps this should be moved from the
spec to an appendix and labeled as a suggested QOI feature.  You
know, sometimes I feel that D is just moving too fast to really explore
some of the ideas it contains.  This being one such idea.  It could
fundamentally change how programs are written, but no one will
know until some real time is spent with it.  Perhaps it's only useful
for tutorials.

Sean