DDoc Improvments

Pragma eric.t.anderton at gmail.com
Thu May 1 07:08:34 PDT 2008

Tower  Ty Wrote:

> You are probably all over this but have you noticed Candydoc html files when opened have the page you are looking at and behind the package tab you are linked to every other candydoc produced html file produced at the same time .
>
> i didn't notice this at first but it is a boon for my IDE, KDevelop ,so please retain it.

FWIW, I started hacking up a copy of DMDFE last night (Thanks Walter and Gergor), and am now sinking my teeth into the ddoc internals.  It's actually not that bad, and is turning out to be just the kind of lightweight project I need while I'm working on other stuff.  My hope is to have something that can be handed to Walter as a patch, or rolled into a stand-alone tool like rebuild.

I've already added $(LF) and $(TAB) macros to help make ddoc code easier to format.  I also plan on adding a $(DDOC_EXT) macro to specify the doc file extension; that way you can write xml.ddoc, xhtml.ddoc, html.ddoc, rtf.ddoc, etc. and get the output you'd expect.

The hardest part has been figuring out how to render the various pieces of information associated with a given declaration.  The ddoc embedded code parser itself is also another challenge since it references the same macros used by the rest of the processor, but is rather myopic when it comes to digesting tokens.

- Pragma