A programming challange (German) - translation

Mike vertex at gmx.at
Fri May 2 08:48:01 PDT 2008

On Fri, 02 May 2008 06:39:32 +0200, David Ferenczi <raggae at ferenczi.net>
wrote:

> http://www.heise.de/ct/creativ/

c't is the ONLY computer magazine for a german-speaking audience. Although
there appear to be other magzines as well, this is in fact wrong.

Translation for you english-speaking people:

Creative Competition for the 25th birthday of c't magazine

A quarter of a century c't - that's a welcome occation to celebrate with
you: until the anniversary in november we organize several competitions.
Your skills and your creativity are asked for.

Objective

In the second part of "creativ '08" we challenge you to a programming
competition: write a program that will beat the classic video game
Asteroids and conquer the technology of yesterday with the technology of
today! That sounds more complicated than it is. We have made some
preparations to make the task easier for you. Details are available here
(http://www.heise.de/ct/creativ/08/02/details/).

1st place: Full HD Beamer Panasonic PT-AE2000 and a Playstation 3 or 3000
Euros in cash

2nd place: 30" Monitor Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP including dual link
graphics adapter or 2000 Euros in cash

3rd place: Notebook Acer Aspire 8920G with full HD display and blu ray
drive or 1000 Euros in cash

4th to 25th place: c't subscription for a year

In addition we will raffle (*) 200 contestants who will be invited to our
anniversary party in hannover this fall.

(*) I had to look that up in a dictionary, hope it's the right word :)

-Mike