Unofficial wish list status.(May 2008)

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Fri May 2 14:22:11 PDT 2008

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>This is the monthly status for the unofficial d wish list:
>>http://all-technology.com/eigenpolls/dwishlist/
>>
>>Right now the wish list looks like this:

>>6  Get rid of const (#165)
>>2  Remove const (#171)
>>2  Remove const (#172)
>

> Interesting that several people requested the same 'enhancement', but didn't
> bother to look for the other requests :)
>
> These should probably be combined, and someone should really go through this
> list and weed out issues that have been solved already.  I saw closures and
> C++ interface (I think these are at least partially solved).

Exactly.

The const things should be merged, and yes, I know it is a lot of manual
work for the maintainer. But if the list is to stay current and read,
then this simply has to be done. Just as well as pruning out-dated
entries, and generally going through it, mindfully tidying it up.

One might also wonder if this list actually enjoys the patronage of the
D community to an extent sufficient to regularly post the results here.
Some statistics might seem in order (as a manual one-time post, vs. an
automatic, regular one) to convince the readership of the relevance of
the list.