U++ Core vs D programming language

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri May 2 21:00:47 PDT 2008

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:fvg4no$30jr$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>>> In C++, this approach proves to be equally good or better than
>>> garbage collected languages like Java or C#. While those languages
>>> are able to provide automatic management of heap resources, U++
>>> approach provides very deterministic automatic management of all
>>> resources.
>>
>> What should I tell people who quote the last paragraph?
>
> Eh, what do I do if I need an object to survive past the end of its scope?

Somehow prevent the scope from ending or bind the objects to a broader
scope, maybe? It sounds like an interesting concept. I've kicked that idea
around in my head a few times, but never explored it. Not really sure how
feasable it would be. It would certainly be nice if there were some way to
make it work. Couldn't really have generator functions...unless there was
some way to transfer the new object's scope to the calling function. And
maybe I'm just spouting gibberish ;). I'm curious now how they've gone about
all of that and how much success they've had.