More keywords? Or fewer?

Russell Lewis webmaster at villagersonline.com
Fri May 2 23:28:41 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> The idea in D is that when your program needs to switch gears, it can do
> so while remaining in the same language, and without horrible kludges.
> This means that D will support functional, procedural, safe, unsafe,
> OOP, imperative, metaprogramming, etc., styles fairly seamlessly under
> one umbrella.

If I had seen somebody write the above on some random webpage, I'd
dismiss him out of hand as a kook.  But D is actually looking like it
might reach that goal!

So I asked myself: are there any other common programming models that D
doesn't have?  And it struck me: most interpreted languages have duck
typing and hold-any-value variables.  Is there space for that in D?