Nedmalloc

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun May 4 17:09:29 PDT 2008

Craig Black:
> I think the problem here is that people like you and I that care about the
> manual allocators are in the minority.  Probably the vast majority of D
> programmers don't use manual allocation at all, so the motivation to
> incorporate a faster manual allocator is small,

In most of my code the usual speed of D automatic allocation is enough. But once in while I enjoy the C heap and the higher speed/flexibility is allows me, and in those situations I'd like a good allocator. (But from few tests I have seen that the GC malloc isn't that much slower than dmalloc... maybe I'll need more benchmarks).

Bye,
bearophile