Request!? why i can't do these things in d????

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Sun May 4 19:05:40 PDT 2008

d user. escribió:
> 1) implicit constructor conversion like in c++

I don't know what is it.

> 2)import with *  like in java import  xx.xx.*

I don't know why, but I guess it's because searching a symbol in a
package in D is not like searching a type in a package in Java. In Java
you just need to look for a file named like the type, while in D you
need to parse the whole module, maybe do semantic analysis, and then see
where the symbol is.

> 3)char[10] s=new char[10]{a,b,c,d,.....};

char[10] c = [ 'a', 'b', 'c', ... ];