Compiling DMD for *nix platforms

Leo Singer aronnax at umd.edu
Sun May 4 22:48:51 PDT 2008

Does anyone know how to build DMD from source?

I am using gdc on Mac OS X and I am finding that it does not support all the bizarre syntax features I am throwing at it, probably because it is based on version 1 of the D language.  I'd like to try out DMD, and luckily source code comes in the archives on the download page (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/download.html).  Unfortunately, there is no build script to make the compiler, and just trying to run g++ on all the .c files in the source directory is no good.