More D newb questions.

Me Here p9e883002 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 5 13:03:16 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:

> In your particular case, the code is trying to concatenate characters, not
> arrays of characters. There is no language support for concatenating
> individual char values.

Sorry Walter,

I know you get a lot of internet wannabees suggesting stuff that doesn't make
sense,
and this will likely fall on deaf ears. But C doesn't have ~ concatenation, so
there's
no backwards compatibilty reason for not defining opCat for chars to do the
only logical
thing and produce a char[].

I said more in another post regarding lvalue slices which I just posted before
seeing your reply.

Likewise, I have no expectation of changing your decision on this either, but
but it doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers, b.