i18n and string in another locales [charsets],,??

d-user d-user
Mon May 5 16:56:30 PDT 2008

why  d compiler refuse to swallow  strings [char[] or string] in another languages??
c/c++  java/c# etc... comiplers/interpreters can  swallow strings  in any charset
without complain

and i want to know  why i can't do these things too:

1]Suppose we have  a String Class  with Constructors String(char)/String(char[])/String(String) So why I can't do this
String  mystr="Hello,World";  // Or
String  mystr='c';

there is no implicit constructor conversion in d  like  c++/java/c#
2] construct like this  char[4] str=new char[4] {'A','B','C','D'};
3] I know  that  java importing with *   [import  xx.yy.*;] is slow  but with * importing  it is not necessary to write  every time  about 5 to 10 lines of import
statements
4]why  the compiler depends on the phobos by this intimate relationship
   d compiler must be generic like c++
i know i am BORING but

Thanks