"D" annoyances

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 06:04:25 PDT 2008

"Tower Ty" <towerty at msn.com.au> wrote in message
news:fvovbu$18gg$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Yep its a runtime error . I should have said . As you can't file a bug
> report without joining something and giving out emails I am using this as
> a bug report venue and have been for some time .

Then you'll have to get used to people ignoring your bug reports.  Tango is
maintained by a core team of about 3 people, all of whom have real lives and
real jobs.  They just don't have the time or manpower to collate bug reports
from all over the web.

Also, this is a runtime error.  Try throwing _any_ exception and you'll
notice that no file or line is given.  In order to know where an exception
occurred, either the language has to have some kind of built-in support
whereby it will pass the file and line of the 'throw' statement to the
exception's constructor (which it doesn't), or you have to have a traceback
mechanism (which, by default, does not exist).  Apparently you can get
traced exceptions in Tango by using flectioned; I've never used it.