Compiling DMD for *nix platforms

Fawzi Mohamed fmohamed at mac.com
Wed May 7 12:10:11 PDT 2008

On 2008-05-07 09:41:22 +0200, Leo Singer <aronnax at umd.edu> said:

> == Quote from Anders F Björklund (afb at algonet.se)'s article
>>> "AggregateDeclaration::buildDtor(Scope*)", referenced from:
>>> ClassDeclaration::semantic(Scope*)      in class.dmd.o
>>> ld: symbol(s) not found
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[2]: *** [cc1d] Error 1
>>> make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> I compiling on Mac OS X 10.5.2.
>> Your GCC versions and setup seems OK, it seems like symbols
>> from "clone.c" are missing in the library creation though ?
>> Which version of GDC and which language was this ? trunk/D2 ?
>> Maybe you need to add d/clone.dmd.o to D_DMD_OBJS, or wait...
>> --anders
>
> I used the trunk:
> svn co http://dgcc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dgcc/trunk/d

I have successfully compiled gdc on leopard using revision 209.
I had just to change "--strip-underscores" to "--strip-underscore" in
"gcc-4.1.2/libstdc++-v3/scripts/make_exports.pl" to enable c++.

I have described the procedure by updating
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/GdcInstallation
just pay attention to the comments like ("on mac do this" :)

It might be that the latest trunk has other problems, in that case
revert to 209...

ciao
Fawzi