why ; ?

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:26:58 PDT 2008

IMO, this whole thread is ridiculous since you're arguing about
something that amounts to just personal style. D was created by Walter
to be part of the C family of languages therefore D should continue to
use the style Walter chose.
Personally I prefer to use ; in my code but I won't join the argument
since it's just a matter of style and personal taste.

for all the python fans here - my suggestion would be to add a switch to
the compiler to parse D files written with a Python style. D would
officially use the current style but if someone wants he could use a
python style in his own code via the proposed switch. Official code
(standard library, code on digital mars, etc) will remain in the current
style.
This extension is very low priority IMHO.

--Yigal