why ; ?

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 13:06:30 PDT 2008

Janice Caron wrote:
> On 08/05/2008, Yigal Chripun <yigal100 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  but I won't join the argument
>
> You just did. :-) The only way not to join the argument is not to post
> your opinion, but alas you gave in to the temptation. :-)
>
> You did hold out for a long time though.

All I stated is my preferred style without getting into the whole
argument which style is technically better. So you see, technically I
_didn't_ post my opinion so I didn't join the argument after all.

My firm belief on the subject is that you should always choose the best
tool for the job and that there are no absolutes. People who go for such
absolutes confirm the phrase: "When all you got is a hammer, everything
becomes a nail", which is to say that I don't think any one style is
absolutely always better than all the other alternatives.
Another factor to this debate is this -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapir-Whorf_Hypothesis

--Yigal