why ; ?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri May 9 09:28:34 PDT 2008

Michael Neumann:

> After working a while with the C sources of Ruby they'll become less
> evil, even so they might be evil :). But hey, it's C!
> Just wondering if the sources of the .NET of Java compiler/runtimes are
> any better. For sure they are 10x as much code ;-)

Perl source code looks messy to me, but C too can be written in a good and readable way, you may take a look at Python C sources, for example the deque module, written by a photographer (the good R. Hettinger):

http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Modules/_collectionsmodule.c?rev=60749&view=markup

Bye,
bearophile