std.bitarray examples

Me Here p9e883002 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 9 14:43:12 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:

> Me Here wrote:
> > Are there any good examples of using std.bitarray around?
>
> The garbage collector uses it.
>
> > (And, is my memiry deceiving me or did D have a Bit type once upon a time?)
>
> Yes, but it was dropped.

Thanks. I got sidetracked away from this. Now I've got back to it I'm still
having trouble working out if I can use std.bitarray for my purposes. I need to
decompose an unsigned 16-bit value into 8 x 2-bit integers. I C I'd use
bitfields. I know and understand why these are not a part of D, but that
doesn't help me solve my problem. The data, 900+MB of it is delivered in this
packed format and I need to unpack it.

Can I use std.bitarray to extract these 2-bit numbers? If so, a cluebat as to
how would be useful.

Thanks, b.