Hello D World

Dee Girl deegirl at noreply.com
Fri May 9 15:03:46 PDT 2008

Robert Fraser Wrote:

> Dee Girl wrote:
> > The minimalist in me wants Phobos, the app writer wants Tango,
>
> Tango is very easily "stripped down" (i.e. dependencies between packages
> are well thought-out), so it's a lot easier to make Tango more minimal
> than it is to do with Phobos. Where does the whole "Phobos is more
> minimal" attitude come from (just that it's more similar to the C/C++
> standard libraries or that its feature set is smaller...?)

I was referring only in terms of what I need to learn to get going. I think some aspects of Tango are more complicated than they could be. There is a history of flame wars regarding Tango and Phobos. Therefore please allow me to specify that I do not have any attitude yet, only a subjective impression. I have not used either library yet. Thank you, Dee Girl